6.20.2012

this thing I call love

5 years ago, I got married to a guy who I was in love with, who I thought was funny and who had the potential to be a great father.
I think the dating period of a relationship is the most fun and the most deceiving. Not in a bad way, but you just want to show your best self all the time. And though, you argue once in a while and don't see eye to eye, you swallow your pride and make sure to make up (and make out) really fast.
Then you say, "I do," and a lot of that goes out the window, specially when you're right and he's wrong and you know it.
Marriage is a funny thing. And I love it.
I am now married to man; a grown man who takes care of our family and provides everything we need. A man who is a wonderful father and an outstanding husband. I have seen my guy grow into a man. How fun is that?
We got married young. And some days I wonder what it would have been like to have waited longer, to have had more experiences, to have grown up just a little bit more.
And then I look at my 2 year old son and, damn it, he is the best thing that's ever happened to us. And if we would have waited longer I may not have gotten that exact child and what a shame that would have been.
We learned how to be adults together, and responsible, and PARENTS for goodness sakes!
We've loved and hated and hurt and made up with each other so many times.
But we're so happy.
And we make remarkably good-looking children.

He is my best friend. my worst enemy. So stubborn. The most romantic. World's worst cook. So hilarious.

And he is mine and as long as he's that, he can be the worst and best at everything and anything.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Super sweet! I think it super fun to watch your guy turn into a man, and learn how to be parents together! 5 years is awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the update! If I had to re-read about resolutions one more time I was going to lose it! hahaha! :)