I always get really excited when December comes around and I think of all the "Christmasy" things I will do until the new year... then new year comes and December goes right on by and I feel like I didn't really get to enjoy it.
Because I want to make memorable traditions for my kids to be excited about later on, I have decided to do some sort of Advent Calendar this year.
I dont have a cute decoration for it or anything, but I do have things I would like to get done this month. I guess the cute decorations will come when Jackson is a little older.
It's the 2nd today so I've already lost out on 2 precious days, but I guess starting now is better than not starting at all.
- Tell someone you love them DONE
- Make Hot Chocolate and Marshmellows done
- Make a popcorn garland decided it might be a bad idea because jackson wanted to eat it
- Make a tree decoration that reminds you of Christ
- Make tradition to make at least one tree decorations with Jackson Done
- Put up Christmas decorations while listening to Christmas Music Done
- Make decorative sugar cookies and share them with neighbors Done
- In your prayers today, only give thanks without asking for anything. Doing this today- it really is harder than it seems.
- Try to be as kind as possible to everyone today
- Go to the temple with James Done
- Send a card to a friend by mail in this holiday season Done
- Go to temple square and enjoy the lights
- Be the first to say hello to everyone today
- Drive around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights Done
- Open a gift on Christmas Eve as a family (PAJAMAS!)
- Put up a wreath Done
- Rent a holiday movie
- Go to Barnes and Nobles and pick out a new Christmas CD We got one from my MIL
- Exchange gifts Doing this Christmas Eve with family
- Make a give list instead of a list of gifts you'd like Done
- Find mistletoe, hang in the house and kiss under it.
- Make snow angels It hasnt snowed this much
- Make a snow man It hasnt snowed this much
There. 23 because I've already used up two days. No certain order. I just want to do them. Hope you guys have some ideas on how to enjoy this time of year!