11.04.2011

10 minutes

I should have taken a picture of this, because it looked as delicious as it tasted. It was a complete experiment because I had a recipe for Sun dried Tomato Alfredo sauce over cheese ravioli that I could not find ANYWHERE. So I made a cheesy tomato sauce with chicken that was to die for.

Creamy Tomato Cheese Ravioli

1 bag frozen ravioli
1 bottle basil pasta sauce (I bought a fancy one because I price matched it)
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (left over chicken really does the trick for this one)
Garlic powder

While you're waiting for water to boil for ravioli, start on the sauce. In a separate sauce pan, Saute onions in a tiny bit of olive oil until translucent. Next, pour in bottle of pasta sauce and all other ingredients. Season with garlic powder (I love me some garlic powder).
Dump in ravioli into boiling water according to directions on bag. drain and put back into sauce pan.
Once sauce thickens and turns an orange color, take off heat and pour over ravioli.
Wah-lah! You got yourself a 10 minute meal from prep time to finish that is sure to satisfy MOST eaters at your house!
You can't beat ten minutes. Or deliciousness.

No comments: