10.22.2010

Pan De Calabaza (That's spanish for DROOL)

As soon as the air gets crisp enough to call it Autumn, my taste buds demand pumpkin flavored everything (except shakes, because that's just gross). I start going crazy baking pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and, of course, a must have, pumpkin bread.
I love a good, moist, spicy pumpkin bread and my goodness, have I found it.
It seriously kicks all other pumpkin breads' butts.

I made it on Monday and it's long gone.
This recipe has already been integrated in my handy dandy recipe notebook to make over and over until I'm too old to care.

Pumpkin Bread
recipe adapted from allrecipes.com

1 (15 oz) Can Pure Pumpkin
4 Eggs
1 C Vegetable Oil
2/3 C Water
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 1/2 C White Sugar
3 1/2 C Flour
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Preheat oven 350.
Mix together wet ingredients, and sugar.
In separate bowl, mix Flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture until just blended.
Pour into greased bread pans OR muffin tins.

Bake bread for 50-60 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Recipe yeilds 2 large loafs or 48 muffins.

You wont be disappointed.
I made muffins too and may have added choc chips to half of them and eaten one. every. single. night. until they were gone.

No comments: