2.04.2010

2 Week Menu

I know all I talk about these days is my pregnancy and things having to do with this new baby coming our way, but can you blame me? I am a first time mother. SUE ME.

Today I'm talking about FOOD.
I've been doing pretty good with menus since last year,
when I made a resolution to keep 2 week menus
and go grocery shopping only for the menu that I made
so that we could save some money on our food intake.

Well, I was doing really well until about a month or so ago
when all of a sudden doing anything that takes energy at the time I get home,
seems like the most awful task.
So there has been a lot of unplanned buying
and needless spending because of my laziness.

To that I say, NO MORE!
First because every time we eat out I feel like garbage
and wish I would have sucked it up and cooked
and second, because the money is disappearing before
our very eyes and that's not what you want to see
when you have a baby on the way.

So here is my menu for the upcoming two weeks.
Hopefully posting it here will make me actually cook it
and stick to it so I won't try and get out of making meals.

2 Week Menu
Brown Sugar Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Homemade Chili Stuffed Potatoes
Egg Casserole, Buscuits and Fruit
Tuna Lime Tostadas
Lentils & Rice
Mandarin Chicken & Rice
Salmon Loaf & Broccoli
Chinese Rice
Ravioli & Salad
Bean Burritos
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Chile Verde Tostadas
*There's only 12 meals because we go out to eat one night on weekends and Sundays are spent eating dinner at our parents' house.

I dont assign a certain day for any of them, because I dont like being tied down to only one choice. When I just get to look at the list, I can choose what sounds good that day and since I have all the ingredients at hand, it is much more enjoyable to make and eat!
Also, I usually make enough to have left overs for lunch the next day so these all serve as lunch and dinner.
Breakfasts are always a mix of cereal, oatmeal, or granola bars & fruit.

*If you have any questions on recipes, or tips for making menus, let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Jess! I want to come eat at your house every night! It wouldn't be hard...just five more mouths to feed! I'd love some of your best recipes...I'm in a serious, serious food rut. Will you send me some of your best ones?

Anonymous said...

Specifically, Chinese rice and brown sugar meatloaf?

Dave and Rachel said...

Seriously..when are you having us over? :) All those dinners sound so yummy! Please share your favorite recipes cause I would love to try some new ones!

Jessica said...

guys! Most of these recipes are sooo easy! I'll make sure to post them for you! :)