7.21.2009

DELICIOUS MANDARIN CHICKEN

I just wanted to tell you that last night I made the most delicious Mandarin chicken that I have ever tried. It has a perfect consistency and flavor. So guess what? I'm going to share it with you!
I originally got the recipe from Real Mom Kitchen, but made it my own by changing it a little.

Mandarin Chicken

1 1/2 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips or chunks
enough sugar, salt, and garlic powder to season chicken.
2 Carrots, thinly sliced and steamed
1 1/2 cups of chopped broccoli, steamed


Mandarin Sauce

2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced) *I only had ground and I used about 1/4 teaspoon*
1/2 cup water
6 teaspoons cornstarch

Season chicken. Grill chicken until no longer pink inside and golden on the outside. Remove from grill and set it aside.
In a bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and ginger. Pour into a wok or sauce pan. Heat the mixture until almost at a boil. Combine cornstarch and water. Once the sauce starts to boil add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Add grilled chicken and steamed vegetables to the wok and coat with the sauce. Simmer until thick and heated through.
Serve over brown rice.

No comments: