6.23.2009

Determination is my worst enemy.

I signed up yesterday to do the 5K for Draper Days in July.
Then, I proceeded to make a plan of my next four weeks of training.
I'm a pretty good runner but I haven't ran outside since last summer and I take it as a challenge. I've always been a better runner inside, though everyone probably is.
Well, today during my lunch, I decided to run around a park that is behind our building.
The trail of the park is about 1.6 miles around.
Today, I ran 1.5. And then I died.I usually run 3.5!!!
Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed.
I think it was all that hotness. And the fact I haven't ran in 4 weeks might also have something to do with it... but not likely.
I will try again after the sun goes down, or maybe before it comes up tomorrow.
But in 4 weeks I will run those 3.2 miles and it wont phase me.
Because I said so.

1 comment:

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

I agree.....the treadmill is my friend!