1.20.2009

Chicken Pot Pie

So I made this last night and James said it was super good! I loved it too. I found the recipe here, and made just a couple of little changes. I'm so happy to have friends who love cooking so we can play around with different recipes! Anyway, I will post the recipe again with my little changes.

INGRIDIENTS:
1 pound skinless boneless chicken cut into cubes
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup of sliced celery
1 cup of cubed potatoes
1/3 cup butter ( I didn't use any butter, instead I used cooking spray)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth (I only used a little over 1 cup because it's all I had)
2/3 cup milk
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
1 egg white slightly beaten
Garlic salt (I used Garlic Powder)
Poultry seasoning (I didnt use this at all because I had none)
Seasoned salt (I just used normal salt)

DIRECTIONS
Chop up carrots and celery.
Chop up Chicken into cubes.
Add vegetable and chicken in pot.
Top with water to cover.
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Boil for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender.
Once chicken is cooked through, taste the broth to make sure it is seasoned enough.
Remove from heat, drain chicken and veggies, and save broth.
In a sauce pan, spray a generous amount of cooking spray and cook onions until tender.
Stir in flour.
Slowly stir in milk and broth you saved from cooking chicken (the broth will already be really seasoned so no need to add extra seasoning unless you didnt season enough when you were boiling).
Simmer over med-heat until it forms thick texture.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Unroll pie crusts.
Press one crust against 9 inch glass pyrex.
Bake for about 5 mins at 350.
Remove from oven.
Add chicken and vegetables into pyrex.
On top of chicken, add your thick white mixture.
Cover with top crust, seal edges and cut excess crust.
Brush with egg white.
Make slits on the top crust for hot air to escape.
Bake for about 35ish minutes or until crust is gold.
Cool for about 15 minutes before eating.

It was sooo good! Seriously, try it! It seems a little complicated but it's really not so hard! Anyway, have fun and enjoy this wonderful meal!
Thanks Sus for the recipe!

No comments: