2.15.2011

Chicken Tacos

I've been taking pictures of all the food I've been making and THEN I went ot download them and they were NOwhere to be found. NOWHERE. So now I only have 2 of the recipes I meant to post.

This isn't in our menu (oops), but we were out of milk and couldnt make Tuna casserole. But we did have yummy tortillas (from Costco, have you tried them? YUM), and chicken and stuff for all the fixin's. Yeah, I just said fixins.

Chicken Tacos
2 Chicken Breasts (each breast sliced in half to make 4 thin chicken breasts and cut into cubes)
1 small onion, chopped
2 T butter
Garlic powder
Salt
Flour tortillas
Lettuce, chopped
tomato, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1 green onion, chopped finely.

In a frying pan, saute onions in butter until translucent. Add chicken and season with salt and garlic powder. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until not pink in the middle.
Put aside.
Cook tortillas as directed on the package and fill with chicken, lettuce, tomato, green onions and shredded carrots.
Put some type of dressing on it (ranch, salsa), I use my mom's. Enjoy! Don't eat too many.

No comments: