2.04.2011

Applesauce Pancakes

Jackson refuses to be a baby.
That little stinker wants to grow up too fast.
There's only one little problem... he has no teeth.
He's all tough on the outside, until he flashes you a gummy smile.

He refuses to eat any baby food, and thinks its funny to spit it out in your face.
Or all over your clothes.
He actually laughs about it.

So I've said goodbye to homemade soups and purees (months ago)
and I basically feed him anything he can handle.
To him, having no teeth is not a problem. If you saw him chew his food, you'd think he had a full set of teeth in there.

I was looking for some healthy recipes and I came across these Applesauce pancakes. Don't ask me where, because I don't remember.
But the point is that they're good. really good and really healthy.
I might have ate a couple myself.

Applesauce Pancakes

1 cup flour (I used half wheat, half regular)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups applesauce

Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl. Combine butter, milk and egg. Stir into dry ingredients. Add vanilla and applesauce; beat well. Spoon batter into a hot, well greased griddle.
This makes 10 pancakes (I spooned 1/4 C servings unto griddle)
**Freezes Well**

Also, I've heard you can substitute the applesauce with baby food to make it a good lunch food. I haven't tried it, but I did add fresh blueberries to the mix and they turned out great.

*Remember to top your pancakes with a little shredded cheddar cheese ;)


I'm raising my boy RIGHT!

No comments: