1.06.2011

Greek Pasta

My mom doesnt measure anything. She just cooks and bakes these amazing things and then you go ask her for a recipe and she says, "oh just pour a little bit of this and add a little bit of that"... like I'm supposed to just understand what that means.
Anyway, I made her get this recipe down on paper and now make it when I'm feeling fancy. Except its not hard so I like feeling fancy a lot!


Greek Pasta

1 box penne pasta (I used whole wheat)
1 small onion, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1/3 C EVOO
1 C black olives, halved
salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste
Feta cheese, crumbled
Parmesan cheese to top

Cook pasta according to box; drain and put back in pot. Cut all veggies (put olives aside) and saute veggies in olive oil for 2 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper (and garlic powder). Combine with pasta. Add olives and crumbled feta. Top with parmesan cheese.


*you can get a french bread at the store, slice it and stick it in the oven on broil for a minute or two and now you got yourself a gourmet meal!

No comments: