1.10.2011

Cornbread Casserole



This tastes WAY better than it looks.
Mostly because we just detroyed it as soon as James got home because we were so hungry!
Anyway, its easy. And it's delicious.

Cornbread Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 jar salsa ( I use Walmart Bean and White Corn because I like it best for this recipe)
1 C Corn
1 box cornbread mix (or you can make it from scratch)*Remember it's for a 9x13!!
1 C cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375.
Brown ground beef (season to your liking). Add Corn and salsa and mix.
Prepare mix and spread half on greased 9X13 pan. Pour ground beef on top evenly. Pour rest of cornbread mix to cover. Top with cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until goldren brown all over.

* Cut in middle and check. Sometimes it takes a little longer to make sure it is done.
* I halved the recipe because I only had a mix for an 8x8 pan (I've done it plenty of times and it always turns out just as great).

No comments: