7.28.2009

Fiesta Salsa

2 avodados, diced

2 roma tomatoes, diced

1/2 green pepper, diced

1 can corn, drained

1 can black beans, rinsed

cilantro, chopped

2 green onions, chopped

½ C oil

1/4 C water

2 T. lime juice

1 packet dry italian dressing mix (do not add vinegar, just the oil and water)

In a large bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, onion and cilantro. Pour lemon juice and mix.

In a small bowl, mix the dressing with oil and water. Pour over vegetables. Mix again. At this point, I usually take out the garlic powder and salt and season a little more to make sure it's salty enough. Refrigerate for at least half hour to let the juices combine and let it get cold.

Enjoy with a huge bag of chips.

WARNING: You WILL eat half the bowl.

1 comment:

dsi r4 said...

These sound wonderful. I've never made these before but I love salsa so I'm certain I will enjoy these. Thanks!