2.18.2009

Wild Rice Tomato Soup

I made this soup the other night. Good thing I made a lot because James has completely loved it.
I made up the the name. I got it a while ago and I dont even remember from where, so if it's originally yours go ahead and yell at me.

1lb chicken breasts, shredded
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
2 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes
3 carrots
3 celery stalks
1/2 a large onion or one whole medium
1 can corn
1 cup wild rice mix
1 tsp basil
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder

Boil chicken, onion, carrots and celery in water. Season water with salt and garlic powder to taste. Make sure you season it enough because you will be using the broth for the soup. Remove chicken from broth and set aside.

Add tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for half hour or until rice is tender. Add corn, shredded chicken, and milk. Season some more since milk will wash out some of the taste.
Bring back to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
EAT UP.


Enjoy!

No comments: